Yes, You Can Make Money Watching TV

Have you ever wondered whether people actually make money watching TV? Well, I do it and I know quite a few other people who make money this way.

Well, it's not quite the watching TV part that makes them the money. It's the things they do around the TV schedule. Right now, I'm making a five-figure income yearly writing about TV shows and spoilers. I tend to watch quite a bit of TV but I think making the money justifies the amount I watch. And I'm not just watching for the sake of it: I pick and write about the shows that sound interesting to me.

How can I make money watching TV?


There are a few ways to make money online watching TV. Here are a few ways that I manage it:


  • I write news about upcoming TV shows, spoilers, theories, etc.
  • I write the recaps of various TV shows, including Arrow, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory and Supernatural.
  • I have a blog connected purely to Supernatural the TV series to share updates, fan news, online videos, etc. This is still growing though!
  • I'll write reviews about the TV shows, making money through affiliate marketing by sharing the links to DVDs or online streaming services.
  • I share updates on the TV scheduling to make sure people are aware of changes or upcoming shows.
Okay, but how do I actually make money? It's through pay per view sites (yes, I'm still on some), advertising income, affiliate marketing, and all the other usual ways that bloggers make money online.

It's not always easy to make money writing about TV shows. They take breaks and then where does the money come from? This can take some creativity, but I've shared a post in the past to help keep the money flowing while popular TV shows take a break.

Could you make money watching TV? Is it time you started discussing your favorite TV show and make money from it? You don't just need to write about it. You could vlog (video blog) about it on YouTube or create parodies like The Hillywood Show.

Get creative because you can make money watching TV.

Comments

  1. Oh boy this would be impossible for me I watch less than an hour's worth of TV a week....we would not be a good fit, but I'm glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems there's not enough hours in the day for the active blogger - I don't have time to watch much TV these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about multi-tasking. I tend to write recaps as I watch or make notes for reviews so I can quickly write and publish.

      Delete
  3. Many really take TV shows seriously. They set their alarm clocks to follow a show, check out reviews and even share their thought in forums and communities. My wife and I sometimes get hooked on TV series as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, there are a lot of people looking for the latest updates, spoilers, and more. There are just so many communities with fan theories and spin off ideas. Even the old shows that are no longer on air have strong followings online.

      Delete

Post a Comment