NaNoWriMo With a Twist: Working on My History eBook


I was talking to my husband this morning about NaNoWriMo, telling him what it was. Every year I've tried to write a novel and every year I've failed. In fact, I get to November 2 or 3 and decide to give it up because I just always have way too much to do.


  • Last year I was working 2 jobs, 7 months pregnant, with a 3 year old to get around everywhere
  • The year before I was running a business, studying part time, and looking after a very difficult 2 year old
  • The year before that I was running a business with a 1 year old, trying to find my feet
  • The year before that I found out about it half way into the month and knew there was no way I could give it a shot
Maybe they're all excuses. But every year there has been something stopping me.

Last year, I didn't want to be a complete failure and decided I would write 50,000 words across the Harlow McGaw Media sites instead. I managed it before the end of the month, so know that it is possible for me to do 50,000 words.

So, I've decided to do NaNoWriMo with a twist this year, too. I'm going to work on my history eBook instead. I need to do around 1,666 words a day on my history eBook to make it to 50,000. I'm going to attempt 2,000 words a day just to give me some extra time.

I know the aim is to do a fictional novel, but I've had this history eBook on the backburner for some time. Now is the time to work on it.

Are you taking part in NaNoWriMo this year? Do your own and get a project you've always wanted to do out of the way.

Comments

  1. I am in for NaNoWriMo - course finishing is a different story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I an not doing fiction either. i am doing a new age novel about dreams. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I am way to busy, working two full time jobs and part time blogging. I do have a book partially written and another fully written.

    I say go for it! I know you can do it, I read your blogs already :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment