Things Only Those Who Work at Home Would Appreciate



This week I've made some changes to my office space. I got really excited about it and couldn't wait to get back to work as soon as I made the changes. Then I realised how ridiculous I sounded. Only those who work from home would actually appreciate some of the changes I'd made and would appreciate my excitement in them.

Here's a look at those things.

#1: A new desk. I traded my old, bulky one in for a new, compact one. I've lost the foot rest but I actually get to focus more on my posture while I work now. I've also lost some of the excess space, so I've had to rethink the items I have on my desk and get rid of the clutter.

#2: A new notebook. There's just something about having a new notebook for writing in. This may not be something those who work at home would appreciate, but something writers appreciate.

#3: Finding the good pens. I have two pens that I love writing with. One's a Parker fountain pen I've had for at least a decade and the other is a smart ball point that a friend bought last year. They were both stuffed in a box but now they're out and I love how neat my handwriting looks with them again.

#4: A clear goals/task list. I managed to wipe off all the tasks I needed to do from my board. The whiteboard is clear for three new goals and tasks to work on. Everyone who works from home has to love that, right?

#5: A memory foam seat cushion. I did want a new chair, but since I got a new desk I had to compromise. I got a memory foam cushion for my seat instead. It is so much better to sit on than the couch cushions I was using! It also helps to improve my posture, along with the lack of footrest on my desk.

What's happening in your life lately? Anything only those who work from home would appreciate?

Comments