Adding New Clients and Sites to My Roster



March and April were dry months for me. I spent a lot of time pitching and not enough creating content for cold hard cash. Sometimes that can happen as a freelance writer.

But May looked up. My clients had more work (they had warned me about the temporary slow down, so I could plan ahead) and I took on a new client. But I still kept pitching.

One of the pitches went well, and I gained a position at BuddyTV as a contributing writer. This is awesome. It's a site that I've wanted to write at for years; ever since deciding to get into the TV show niche.

Now I've received news I'm getting a trial period (which will hopefully turn into something a little more permanent) at ScreenRant. This is another site I've wanted to get into for years as a writer.

And all this writing is doing something that I love. I get to create content about TV shows I watch and adore. But the best is that BuddyTV and ScreenRant actually pay a set amount per post. There's a PPV element to ScreenRant too, but I actually get paid a set amount and can budget better with them. Right now the amount of content I'll write for them is small, but small always adds up. And it leaves room to find a couple of clients within one of my blogging niches.

I finally feel like I can breathe a little. I have a number of sites to write at for Entertainment and TV news and some good clients with constant work. I knew the dry spell was just temporary. This time I didn't panic, because I'd been partially prepared for it and knew that the work would pick up. I just didn't expect it to pick up at sites I'd been dreaming about being a Contributing Writer at for some time.

How is your writing world doing? Are you getting the clients you want? I have a Facebook group now to help those who do need help getting the clients of their dreams and create a freelance writing career.

Comments